Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) is the largest publicly traded company in the world, based on 2010 revenues.
1. It has 2.1 million employees.
2. It is the largest grocery retailer in the United States.
3. It has stores in all 50 states.
4. The latest revenues were $426.23 billion.
5. It now has stores in South Africa.
6. Walmart owns a bank, called Walmart Canada Bank.
7. The company owns Vudu, an online movie service.
8. It produces family movies, including Secrets of the Mountain, The Jensen Project, and A Walk in My Shoes
9. Every week, approximately 100 million customers, nearly one-third of the U.S. population, go to Walmart stores in the U.S.
10. Yield is 2.6%.
If you haven't seen the People of Walmart Music Video, you need to check it out.