On March 21 of this year, Forbes Magazine came out with the 2015 Billionaires Edition, which contains a list of the richest people on the planet.
Although, many of these billionaires may own stocks in several companies, there is usually only one company that put them on the billionaire map. The following is a list of the richest people and the stock that made them rich.
1. Bill Gates, Microsoft (MSFT)
2. Amancio Ortega, Inditex (ITX.MC)
3. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA)
4. Carlos Slim Helu, América Móvil (AMX) (AMOV)
5. Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com (AMZN)
6. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook (FB)
7. Larry Ellison, Oracle (ORCL)
8. Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg L.P. (private)
9. and 10. Charles & David Koch, Koch Industries (private)
11. Liliane Bettencourt, L'Oreal (LRLCY)
12. and 13. Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google (GOOG) (GOOGL)
14. Bernard Arnault, LVMH (LVMUY) (LVMHF)
If you like interesting stock lists like this, make sure to check out many of the free lists at WallStreetNewsNetwork.com.
Book now available: Stock Market Trivia Makes a Great Gift!