Friday, March 24, 2006

Outstanding Charting Website for Stocks, Bonds, Industries, and More

Normally I'm not much of a chart person; however, when deciding to make a purchase of a stock, I generally check out the charts that Yahoo provides, such as the 5 day and 3 month charts to see if I'm buying at the high or low or somewhere in between. Recently, I was doing some research on performance of stocks by industry, and much to my delight, I found a fantastic site that does an unbelievable job of charting this information. I have no connection to this site whatsoever, but I think that this site provides the best charting that I've ever seen. It is the StockCharts website, and if you click on this link:

http://stockcharts.com/charts/performance/Industry1.html

you will see what I mean. Each line represents a different industry and if you do a mouseover one of the color lines, it will tell you what industry it is and details about the performance.

But this isn't the best part. Look down at the bottom of the chart and you will see a rectangular box with the words 200 DAYS inside. Move your mouse to the left side of the rectanular box (not the left arrow), then press and drag to the left, you will see the box change to 300 DAYS, 400 DAYS, etc, and the chart changes accordingly. If you scroll down a little more, you will see that you can enter up to eight symbols and compare them on a PerfChart. Wow! Check it out.

By the way, if you haven't taken our stock market survey yet, please do:
Click here to take survey

No comments: