Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Man in the High Castle

I am not a big fan of science fiction, either books, movies, or TV shows. However, one of the few science fiction books I have read is The Man in the High Castle, by Philip K. Dick. The story is about what would have happened if Germany and Japan had won World War II. Germany is in charge of the eastern United States and Japan is running the western states.

It is a fascinating story, and really interesting to read about how business, industry, customs, cities, and people would be totally different under a fascist leadership.

I had actually thought that this was a forgotten book. Many of my friends had never even heard of it. However, I happened to go on Amazon (AMZN) and saw that The Man in the High Castle is now a series as part of the Amazon Pilot program, whereby the first episode is produced, and Amazon viewers vote on which of the various proposed series they want to see more of.

The first episode has five stars from Amazon viewers and is rated 8.7 out of 10 on IMDb. I highly recommend the Amazon Prime pilot and the book. By the way, the book has an interesting twist with I haven't seen in the series yet. I don't want to write about it because I don't want to give any more away.

Get the book and watch the video; you won't be disappointed.

No comments: