In a continuation of our series on startups, the following exclusive and fascinating interview was graciously provided by Christopher Lin, author of the book 10,000 RIDES: What it's REALLY like driving for Uber & Lyft, provided to you in the form of a podcast.
Christopher Lin drove for Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar for a year in San Francisco and decided to write a book about his experiences and some of the more unusual passengers he has had to deal with. The book even has illustrations throughout showing his amazing experiences. But he did more than just write a book, he looked at it from a business standpoint, from the research, to the development, to the marketing and promotion.
Chris currently has a Kickstarter campaign going and has already far exceeded his goal. There is still time left to get in on it so check it out. He also has a website/blog where he features a few of the most interesting chapters in his book. It can be found at 10000rides.com.
We cover a lot in this interview, including:
- How he decided on which publishing route to use
- Why Uber and Lyft drivers are not his market
- The way he designed his Kickstarter campaign to blast through his goal
- How he did his Kickstarter research
- How he got several strangers (including a politician) to pledge $111 each to the project
- The way to use Starbucks to get incredible feedback, research data, and customers
You will enjoy the incredible advice he gives.
Stream by CLICKING HERE.
Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”