Saturday, September 15, 2007

iPhone Part 2: Free Music

The number of features that the Apple (AAPL) iPhone provides far exceeded my expectations. For example, I discovered a nice benefit while I was walking my dog. I had the iPhone with me along with the stereo headset, when I remembered that I hadn't transferred or downloaded any music to the phone yet. However, the iPhone does have Google's (GOOG) YouTube built in. You don't even have to go through the built in Safari Internet connection. I just clicked in the little TV icon which opened YouTube, clicked on the Search icon, and typed in Sheryl Crow. Sure enough, there were dozens of choices to pick from. Not only could I listen to her music, I could also watch her music video. Whether it is Elvis Presley or 50 Cent, you can find just about any performer.

Other nice features of the iPhone are the instantaneous weather views. You can check the current temperature and the projections for the next several days, and see other cities just by flicking your finger across the screen from right to left as if your are turning a page. Or you can move your finger along the bottom from left to right to see each city. It comes with the city of Cupertino, California already set up, but you can add whatever cities you want.

Of course, there is a notepad, a calculator, and numerous other features which I will cover in a future article.

In case you missed iPhone Part 1, you can check it out here.

By Fred Fuld at Stockerblog.com

No comments: