Some trivia about Poland:
1. It is the ninth largest country in Europe.
2. It is ranked 24th in the world in terms of Gross Domestic Product.
3. It is ranked 39th in the world for Human Development Index.
4. GDP grew by 6.1% in 2006.
5. Between 2007 and 2010, the Polish government plans to privatize twenty companies through IPO's.
6. Their unemployment rate dropped six percentage points between 2006 and 2008.
7. Poland produces the Leopard car.
Here are some Polish stocks which trade in the United States.
Central European Distribution Corp. (CEDC) although based in Pennsylvania, produces and distributes vodka, beer, wine and other alcoholic beverages in Poland. The brands that they import include Carlo Rossi Wines, Remy Martin Cognac, Guinness, Sutter Home wines, Grants Whiskey, Jagermeister, E&J Gallo wines, and Jim Beam Bourbon. The stock has a PE of 32 , and a PEG of 1.07 .
Agora SA (AGOXF.PK) is a Polish media company which publishes daily newspapers, magazines and periodic print media, and occasionally trades on the Pink Sheets. The stock has a net profit margin is 7.53% .
Bank BPH SA (BBPHF.PK) is a Polish bank holding company which trades on the Pink Sheets. The have a network of 200 branches, 3200 automated teller machines The stock has a negative return on average equity.
KGHM Polska Miedz (KGHMF.PK) is a Polish mining company, which mines for copper, silver, gold, lead, sulfuric acid, and rock salt. The stock has a net profit margin is 26.47% .
Polski Koncern Naftowy ORLEN (PSKZF.PK) is a manufacturer and distributor of refined petrochemical products. The stock has a net profit margin is 3.31% .
Author does not own any of the above.
Post a Comment