Friday, April 24, 2015

Did You Buy Amazon Like I Told You To? The Stock Was Up $55 per Share Today

Did you notice the stock that jumped big time today? Amazon (AMZN) was up an incredible $55 a share, a one day increase of over 14%. So did you buy Amazon like I told you to? I called it a screaming buy!

Here is what I wrote on a previous article.
I am always looking to write about either stocks that I don't own or industries and sectors that I don't own stocks in, so that it doesn't look like I'm tooting my own horn, or my own stock, as it were.Therefore I was quite happy to discover a stock that looks very favorable, that I don't own, and that is Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN). Here are some positive bullet points about Amazon.

The rest of the article contained a dozen bullet points about why Amazon is great.

Don't you remember this post? I posted the Amazon recommendation only eight years ago, on Thursday, March 28, 2007, when the stock was trading for only 38.10 per share. Now the stock is at 445.10 er share. This is an amazing increase of 1,068%.

If you had bought 200 shares at that time for $7,620, it would now be worth $89,020. Not too bad a return. Hope you bought some at the time and still own it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't make that much, but I bought for less than 300 a share several months ago.

Stockerblog said...

That was still a good entry point. Congratulations!

The Trade Master said...

Amazon is on its way to 1,000.

Stockerblog said...

You may be right. I think strong earnings may be just around the corner, and revenues will continue to grow.