Egypt Stocks: More than Pyramids
Some interesting facts about Egypt:
1. It is ranked 29th in terms of GDP.
2. It has extensive coal, oil, and natural gas reserves.
3. It’s primary industries are agriculture, media, petroleum exports, and tourism.
4. It is the third-largest recipient of U. S. foreign aid.
5. It was rated as one of the top countries in the world undertaking economic reforms by the IMF.
6. In 2005 it decreased corporate taxes from 40% to 20%.
7. It is supposedly the highest earner of Foreign Direct Investment on the African continent in 2007.
8. It is the country with the highest population in the Middle East.
Here are some Egyptian stocks worth checking out.
Commercial International Bank (CMGGF.PK) is a bank holding company in Egypt with 74 branches. Net profit for the latest quarter was 56.39%, operating margin of 61.91%, and return on average equity of 44.96%.
EFG Hermes GDR (EFGZF.PK) is in the business of investment banking, private equity, asset management and investment brokerage, and the manage two funds, the Jordan Hi-Tech Venture Fund Limited, which invests in the information technology sector in Jordan, and the Middle East Technology Fund. Net profit margin for the latest reported quarter was 58.27%, operating margin of 68.62%, and a return on average equity of 13.17%.
El Ezz Steel Rebars (ALZJF.PK) manufactures and markets steel, ceramics, sanitary ware, and pipes. Operating margin for the latest reported quarter is 21.84% and a return on average equity of 37.45%.
Orascom Construction GDR (ORSDF.PK) is in the business of manufacturing and marketing building materials, and in construction contracting, operating in 20 countries. Operating margin was up only 0.46% and return on average equity was down slightly.
Orascom Telecom SAE (ORSTF.PK) is an international mobile communications operating in Algeria, Pakistan, Egypt, Tunisia, Iraq, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. Operating margin for the latest reported quarter was 18.32% and the return on average equity was 33.31%.
Suez Cement (SUZXF.PK) is a manufacturer and marketer of gray and white cement. Operating margin for the latest quarter increased by 36.63% and the return on average equity was 17.85%.
Telecom Egypt (TEGPY.PK) provides retail and wholesale landline telecommunication services. It has an operating margin of 25.40% and a return on average equity of 6.26%.
Author does not own any of the above.
By Fred Fuld at Stockerblog.com