Monday, October 13, 2008
Indiana is perhaps best known by its world famous Indianapolis 500 motorsports race, but there is indeed much more to this state. It is also a fast growing and very diverse state. The following are interesting facts about Indiana:
1. Livestock and poultry occupations employ over 42,000 in Indiana.
2. There are three biodiesel plants in Indiana, and one under construction.
3. There are 12 ethanol plants operating within the state and together they produce over 1 billion gallons of ethanol.
4. A third of Indiana’s soybean production is exported.
5. Indiana’s tourism industry contributes almost $7 billion to the economy.
6. Indiana’s top manufacturing industries are: transportation equipment, chemicals, and primary metals.
7. The manufacturing industry employs approximately 640,000 workers in the state.
8. Indiana’s coal industry provides the state with over 2,000 jobs.
9. International manufacturing firms with operations in Indiana employ 90,000 people.
10. Indiana offers several attractive incentives to companies relocating to the state.
The following companies are headquartered in Indiana:
Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) develops makes and markets pharmaceutical drugs and products worldwide. The stock has a market cap of $34.43 billion, a PE of 9, a PEG of 1.43, and it pays a yield of 5%.
WellPoint, Inc. (WLP) is a health benefits company. Its customers are large and midsize employers in the United States. The stock has a market cap of $17.17 billion, a PE of 6, and a PEG of 0.65.
Simon Property Group Inc. (SPG) buys, owns, develops, and manages retail real estate in the United States. The stock has a market cap of $16.3 billion. Based on First Call Consensus FFO for 2008, SPG's P/E ratio is approximately 10.5. If using EPS (of which there are four analysts with EPS estimates for 2008), the P/E ratio is 34. They also have a PEG of 1.27 based on a five year period of growth, and their dividend yield ranges from 4.6% to 5.0% (based on the 2008 annual dividend rate of $3.60).
Zimmer Holdings, Inc. (ZMH) develops and sells orthopedic products in Latin America, Europe and Asia. The stock has a market cap of $11.13 billion, a PE of 15, and a PEG of 1.06.
Cummins, Inc. (CMI) makes and sells natural gas engines, and related services and products. The stock has a market cap of $6.18 billion, a PE of 7, a PEG of 0.39, and it pays a yield of 2.0%.
NiSource (NI) delivers natural gas and electricity to customers in the U.S. The stock has a market cap of $30.4 billion, a PEG of 3.48, and it pays a yield of 7.0%.
ITT Educational Services (ESI) offers study programs leading to Associate, bachelor, and masters degree in the United States. The stock has a market cap of $2.63 billion, a PE of 15, and a PEG of 0.81.
Duke Realty Corporation (DRE) leases and manages properties in the United States. The stock has a market cap of $2.04 billion, a PE of 15, a PEG of 1.31, and it pays a yield of 11.3%.
Steel Dynamics Incorporated (STLD) makes and sells steel products in the United States The stock has a market cap of $1.49 billion, a PE of 3, a PEG of 0.29, and it pays a yield of 4.2%.
Vectren Corporation (VVC) engages in the transportation and delivery of energy to customers in the United States. The stock has a market cap of $1.64 billion, a PE of 12, a PEG of 2.84, and it pays a yield of 5.7%.
Don't forget to check out stocks from some of the other central states, such as Missouri stocks, Minnesota stocks, Kansas stocks, and Iowa stocks.
Author does not own any of the above.
Posted by Stockerblog at 10:20 PM