If you had purchased a thousand of the Amazon (AMZN) November 2009 110 calls (QZNKB.X) yesterday at a price of .70 or $70 each for a total of $70,000, you would have been able to sell those calls today at a price of 10.70 or $1070, for a total of $1,070,000. This would be an increase of 1,428.57%. Not bad for one day's work.
Do you realize that the huge jump in Amazon may be due to the swine flu? Here are several reasons:
1. If we have a pandemic, no one will want to go out in public to shop, everyone will stay home and do their shopping. This is called 'social distancing'. (Did you know that you can buy potato chips on Amazon?)
2. If people are home sick, all they can do is watch TV or read books. If they own a Kindle, it improves their reading pleasure.
3. The ill can also order movies on DVD or even watch them on their computer through Amazon.
4. Consumers will be buying health masks through Amazon.
5. Because the 2009 outbreak has shown an increased percentage of patients reporting diarrhea, consumers will be buying a lot more toilet paper, and won't want to leave the house to do so.
6. With headaches and fevers, the affected will need Tylenol and aspirin delivered to their door.
7. Don't forget to order vitamins through Amazon to keep you healthy.
8. Last but not least, there are a couple varieties of hand sanitizers that can be ordered online.
Author owns AMZN.