Monday, December 01, 2008

Book Review: The Age of Speed

I almost didn't take the time to read The Age of Speed: Learning to Thrive in a More-Faster-Now World by Vince Poscente, because I've been so busy, but I'm glad I did. Time is probably my most valuable asset, not counting my family.

Poscente explains how speed in terms of technology, work, and personal efficiency is the name of the game, in our personal lives and in the business world. He discusses how there are four different types of companies, (balloons, jets, zeppelins, and bottle rockets) and how the top ones, the jets, use their speed to become successful.

He also covers how many people (and companies) fear speed, and why it shouldn't be rejected. There is a chapter on how there are no boundaries anymore between work and leisure / family time, and how harnessing speed can make it work.

If you want to get a grasp on how our lives are going so much faster and why we should embrace it, why working faster, not harder, is important, I recomment that you read The Age of Speed: Learning to Thrive in a More-Faster-Now World.

No comments: