Top Russian Stocks
Russia has a strong growing economy and as a BRIC country, is one of the four horsemen for worldwide investment opportunities, along with the 'B' in BRIC, Brazil, the 'I' in BRIC, India, and the 'C' in BRIC, China.
Some interesting facts about Russia:
1. Russia is the largest country in the world by area.
2. Russia is the ninth largest country by population.
3. Russia has the world's largest reserves of mineral resources.
4. It also has the world's largest reserves of energy resources.
5. It is the world's largest energy superpower.
6. It has the world's largest forest reserves.
7. It has about one-quarter of the world's fresh water.
8. It has a literacy rate of 99.4%.
9. More than 80% of Russian exports are from oil, natural gas, metals, and timber.
10. It has one of the lowest foreign debts among major economies.
11. It has the fourth largest amount of farmland in the world.
12. It has the world's largest natural gas reserves.
13. It has the second largest coal reserves in the world.
14. It has the the 8th largest oil reserves in the world.
15. It is the 5th largest renewable energy producer in the world.
The following are some of the companies that are based in Russia that trade in the United States, that were turned up by WallStreetNewsNetwork.com.
Mechel Open Joint Stock Company (MTL) is a mining and steel production company. The stock has a PE of 13, a forward PE of 5.8, and a PEG of 0.76.
Mobile Telesystems OJSC (MBT) is a provider of cellular telecommunications services in Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan. The stock has a PE of 14, a forward PE of 9.7, and a PEG of 1.21 .
Vimpel-Communications (VIP) is a provider of wireless telecommunications services in Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Georgia, and Armenia. The stock has a forward PE of 7.9 , and a PEG of 0.27.
Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods OJSC (WBD) is a food, dairy, and beverage products company. The stock has a PE of 24, a forward PE of 12.9, and a PEG of 0.55. The stock even pays a yield of 1.0%.
You can find information on a dozen Russian stocks that trade in the US at WallStreetNewsNetwork.com.
Author does not own any of the above. Picture is courtesy of the Kremlin Presidential Press and Information Office.