________ Information on stocks, bonds, real estate, investments, gold, startups, & money ________
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Stocks in Spain: Funding for Columbus and Good Investments
Some interesting trivia about Spain:
1. It is the second largest country in Western Europe by area.
2. It has the ninth largest economy in the world.
3. It has the fifth largest in the EU.
4. It is ranked 11th in terms of Gross Domestic Product by purchasing power parity.
5. It has created more than half of all the new jobs in the European Union over the last reported five years.
6. It has the second largest tourist industry in the world.
7. Construction representing 16% of GDP and 12% of employment.
All of the following Spanish stocks trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBV) is a bank holding company that was founded in 1988 and is based in Bilbao, Spain. The stock has a price to earnings ratio of 12.35, a price earnings to growth ratio of 0.69, and a yield of 3%.
Banco Santander SA (STD) is a bank, asset management, and insurance company with over 10,700 branches around the world. The stock has a P/E ratio of 10.51, and carries a yield of 3%.
Endesa SA (ELE) is a large utility in Spain that provides electricity, natural gas, and co-generation serves to 15 countries. It uses coal, nuclear, hydroelectric, fuel oil, and gas to run their electrical generators. The stock has a P/E of 17.14, with a decent yield of 4.40%.
Repsol YPF SA (REP) is an integrated oil and gas company based in Madrid, Spain. They have operations in Argentina, Brazil, and Bolivia. The stock has a P/E of 10, a PEG of 1.7, and a yield of 2.30%.
Telefonica SA (TEF), founded in 1924, is a large telecommunication company providing landline and wireless services, and serves Spain, Europe, and Latin America. The stock has a P/E of 11.98, a PEG of 1.38, and a yield of 2.40%.
Author does not own any of the above.
By Fred Fuld at Stockerblog.com
Posted by Stockerblog at 7:49 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment