Thursday, October 25, 2007
Some interesting trivia about Thailand:
1. People have lived in Thailand since the paleolithic period.
2. It is 21st in GDP purchasing power parity.
3. It had the the world's highest growth rate from 1985 to 1996.
4. It is the top exporter of rice.
5. 55% of the land is used for rice production
6. Tourism is only 5% of the economy.
7. Major products include textiles, footwear, fish, rubber, jewelry, cars, computers and electronic equipment.
8. It is ranked 42 in the Economist's Worldwide Quality-of-Life Index.
Here are some interesting Thai stocks worth viewing:
Advanced Info Service PCL (AVIFY.PK) is a provider of cellular services and mobile phones. The stock has a price to earnings ratio of 20.5 and pays a yield of 6.27%.
Charoen Pokphand Foods (CPOKY.PK) is a producer and provider of meat and other food products. Net Profit Margin is 2.86% and return on Average Equity is 9.14%.
Delta Electronics (DLETY.PK) manufactures and sells electronic components. Net Profit Margin is 7.15% and Return on Average Equity is 17.34%.
Hana Microelectronics Public Co. Ltd. (HNMEY.PK) manufactures integrated circuit boards, light-emitting diode products, radio frequency amplifiers and printed circuit boards. Net Profit Margin is 10.90% and Return on Average Equity is 17.51%.
PTT Exploration & Production (PEXNY.PK) explores for and produces petroleum products. Net Profit Margin is 31.84% and Return on Average Equity is 30.64%.
Sahaviriya Steel Industries (SAVXY.PK) makes and markets hot-rolled steel sheets and coils. Net Profit Margin is 5.37% and Return on Average Equity is 7.43%.
Shin Corp. ADR (SHNZY.PK) is in the business of wireless telecommunications, satellite communications and the Internet. Net Profit Margin is 22.41% and Return on Average Equity is 10.13%.
TT&T Public Co. LTD (TTTBF.PK) provides landline telecommunication services. Net Profit Margin is a negative 23.67% and Return on Average Equity was a negative 13.54%.
To see articles on other stocks from countries around the world, check out WallStreetNewsNetwork.com.
Author does not own any of the above.
By Fred Fuld at Stockerblog.com
Posted by Stockerblog at 11:27 PM